Free Financial Topics in Phoenix
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
Of all the subjects to which one is exposed in the formative years of institutionalized education, perhaps none are more significant and yet more ignored than that of personal finance. While virtually every student will one day be responsible to some degree with the efficient handling of money for a family or most certainly, him or herself, it is one area of life that for many, they will be left to fend for themselves.
In this 60-90 minute session, Jeff will introduce you to the fundamentals of investing. While these fundamentals are certainly only a small part of the much greater topic of personal finance, it is imperative that potential young investors be familiar with the foundation upon which they will eventually build their wealth over their lifetimes.
Topics covered will be: Speculating is not Investing; Four Things You Can Do With Money; Own or Loan?; the Damning of Debt; Pay Yourself First; Clarifying Risk; Ten Great Mistakes Young People Make in Investing; Patience and Discipline, the Investor's Allies; The Eggs in the Basket Thing and much more.
- How new laws changed Social Security filing strategies
- Strategies to maximize and integrate Social Security with your retirement.
- Top financial strategies for your retirement
- 4 Phases of Money for the Retiree - Accumulation, Preservation, Distribution and Legacy
How can the new tax code help? Tax brackets for single, and tax brackets for married filing jointly. Why convert from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA? How Medicare affects your tax situation? Understanding the difference between investing during retirement and investing for retirement. Tips on what a balanced portfolio looks like. MORE >What alternatives for investing that you may have, i.e. Real estate, commodities, life insurance, fixed annuities, etc. Recap -IRA's often create tax problems during retirement, the new tax code offers a widow of opportunity, and many investors are unknowingly taking on more risk than they should!
You’ve spent a lifetime accumulating money for your retirement. You’ve saved, invested, and taken advantage of workplace retirement plans. Now you have to make decisions about how to generate a steady income stream, and these decisions could have lasting repercussions. MORE >Join us for an educational workshop where we’ll focus on strategies designed to help you:
• Make the most of your retirement income streams
• Tap into your retirement accumulations
• Understand retirement plan distribution rules
• Invest for stability, income, and growth potential
• Utilize financial vehicles that could last a lifetime
• Protect your income and assets from the unexpected
• Prepare for a more comfortable and rewarding retirement lifestyle
Optional 20-page workbook available on retirement income strategies. This full-color resource contains essential information, exercises, and questions that will help you assess your current situation and make sound financial decisions. Perhaps best of all, you will be eligible for the complimentary consultation offered to all workshop participants.
Today, more women than ever are responsible for their financial well-being, and the well-being of their families. But women often face unique financial challenges. That's why it's so important that no matter what life stage they're in, women know how to save, invest, and plan for their future. MORE >In this seminar on Women and Money, you'll learn:
* The unique financial challenges women face, such as longer life expectancies and more career breaks for caregiving, and how they impact long-term financial security
* Six steps women can take to help them achieve financial security, including taking control of their money, becoming more knowledgeable investors, advocating for themselves in the workplace, planning for retirement, protecting their income and assets, and creating an estate plan
You'll also receive a free electronic workbook created just for this presentation. The workbook contains key information, worksheets, and questions to help you remember important points from the seminar.
An estate plan is a map of how you want your personal and financial affairs to be handled in the future. An effective estate plan can help ensure that your family's financial needs will be taken care of, and that your personal wishes will be carried out in the manner you intended. It's a critical part of your overall financial plan. MORE >In this seminar on Estate Planning Basics, you'll learn:
* Why you need an estate plan
* Strategies to plan for incapacity, including special health care directives
* Wills, trusts, and life insurance
* Key tax basics, including an overview of the federal gift tax, estate tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax
You will also receive a free electronic workbook created just for this presentation. The workbook contains key information, worksheets, and questions to help you remember important points from the seminar.
You’ve won the game! Now What? The goal of wealth accumulation gradually gives way to that of efficient money management in retirement. It certainly isn’t the same skill set and has a different set of challenges and opportunities associated with it. Planning for that stage while you are in your peak earning years can help insure a retirement of dignity and independence if you plan now. MORE >Financial Planner and Investment Advisor Jeff Young speaks about that life phase in this presentation entitled “The Run for the Roses.” It is he will address such issues as:
• Creating a New Safety Net
• Planning a Social Security Strategy
• What are RMD’s (Required Minimum Distributions from Retirement Plans) and when do you take them?
• Educating the Survivors
• Maximizing your tax bracket
• End of Life Planning
• The One Property Asset that will give your Heirs Fits and how to avoid that
Around 45% of Americans take their Social Security benefits at the earliest possible time, usually around their 62nd birthday. For a great majority of these people, that is both a grievous and irreversible decision that has long-term deleterious effects. MORE >Jeff Young has spend a decade teaching people about the most efficient manner to take these distributions and for a couple, the difference in doing it right and doing it wrong can mean tens of thousands of dollars. Jeff explains how people can benefit from understanding the various strategies available to them and exactly how to employ them. This is an eye-opening session and one you will want to hear prior to making those significant decisions about Social Security.
10,000 people each day will be enrolling in Medicare over the next 15 years. It is a trend known as the "Silver Tsunami" and it will have a significant impact on US economy and the health insurance industry. This educational presentation gives an overview of the current health insurance and Medicare marketplace and offers insights into some of the potential changes that may be coming. MORE >This is a great presentation for any groups with members at or near retirement age as it will give them the information they need to protect themselves against one of the largest and most unpredictable expense they may encounter in retirement.